Saturday, January 31, 2015

How To: Get This Face

Hey ya'll! I apologize for the absence this past week!! I began the last leg of my Masters degree in School Counseling as an intern at an Elementary School! I have been in a Masters program for a little over a year and have to say I cannot wait to be D O N E!!!  I have been trying to perfect my "makeup routine" for quite some time now and finally have found some products that I really love. 
A bit of honesty....I have suffered from some pretty serious acne since..well..my whole life! I can't remember a time where I didn't have breakouts. I have always envied girls with beautiful clear skin! Especially those that don't even have to wash their face every day...UGH! What is life?!!!
I will say that still having acne later into my 20s is pretty frustrating!! I recently had to stop taking a prescription birth control that I have been on since my teens due to a blood condition. (nothing crazy I will live hehe). The help from this birth control is the only thing that has given me any relief  from the acne and I have tried everything!! These products that I am sharing with you all not only do a fabulous job of covering whatever happens to be on my face at the time but they also seem to be nice to my  super sensitive skin. 


Untitled #3



Primer| After moisturizer I have recently added primer to my routine. For the longest time I skipped this step because I was like...right...another product to clog my poors. But really this Benefit POREfessional primer acts as a barrier for the my skin vs. the foundation and makes everything stay in place all day long!! I believe this particular primer also helps with oil too because on top of the acne my oil levels are off the charts!! 
Foundation has been a touchy subject for me for the longest time! What do I use that is not bad for my skin and keeps me from becoming a grease ball during the day and does it match my skin and will it last?!!?! Well I feel like I have found my holy grail of foundations Estee Lauder Long Wear. This foundation is beautiful!! It blends so nicely and their are a million color options for every type of skin tone! What else could it possibly have to offer you ask?? When it says long wear it AIN'T messing around!!! This stuff is like leave your powder at home because their are no touch ups needed good!! Be warned: You will need some serious makeup removing powder to truly deep clean your face at night or whenever you take off your makeup. I use makeup wipes then every other night use my Clarisonic to get a really deep clean. 
Concealer is a non-negotiable people. If nothing else get yourself some concealer and cover those dark circles...because let's be real...we ALL have them!! I have used Maybeline Instant Age Rewind forever and will until i'm old and wrinkled (but that could be forever since it is age rewind...get it?!) 
Powder| I learned a couple years ago that a super important step in your makeup routine is to use a powder on top of your concealer to set the product and keep it from sliding around all day long. I have used Clinique powder since I was in high school and completely stand by it!
Bronzer & Blush| For every day I don't take the contour process too serious. But trust me I can chizzle cheek bones with the best of them!! I mainly just give my face some color..or life because for 9 out of the 12 months of the year it is a crime for me to be as pale as I really am. I have been using a Sephora bronzer and Nars Laguna blush combo and I am a huge fan!
Brows...bro! I am totes not one to take 19348 hours and draw on new eyebrows because let's be real...ain't nobody got time for that! For me the Benefit Gimme Brow is perfect! You just swipe it on to give your brows some color and definition and tame those crazy hairs.
Eye balls - For every day I just curl my lashes and use both of the mascaras listed Covergirl Lash Blast & Loreal Telescopic. The eyelash struggle is real ya'll!! My lashes are barely visible so they need some TLC every day! I love this mascara combo!! If it is anything more than school I will take the time to do some eye shadow from my favorite Naked palate then use an eyeliner pen with a felt tip like this Bobbi Brown to make it super easy to get a very "chill" cat eye. Because their is totally such a thing right?! 

Well..I think that is it folks! I'm positive I am forgetting something...My routine starts by throwing my hair on top of my head and cranking up the jams before I can do anything to my face. Its a process and I like to think of it as a painting. I just keep trying new things until I like the way it looks. 
Hope you all enjoy these products as much as I do!! Let me know if you use any of them or what your favorite products are!


XO.
Elizabeth



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig