Friday, March 10, 2017

Lunch At The Lodge


If you have ever wondered if Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman was as beautiful, sincere, funny, and charming in person as she is on TV I am here to tell you she is not. She is MORE than all of those things- she is an actual dream! She graciously opened her lodge to some ladies of the Thunder for one of the most delicious meals I have ever eaten - no surprise there. I could just hear the intro music from her TV show on Food Network playing in the background as we arrived on the ranch. I have to say that driving down the dirt road my heart was beating nearly out of my chest. I can remember an exact conversation with my husband the day he put living in Oklahoma on my radar. It went a little something like this.

Jarell: "How do you feel about Oklahoma?"
Me: "To be honest I don't even know where that is on a map" - yes I understand that is embarrassing.
Me: Googles Bristol, VA  to Oklahoma City OK  - 967.9 miles/14 hours.
Me: 14 hours from home. Not thrilled about that
Me: WAIT! The Pioneer Woman is in Oklahoma
Me: Googles Oklahoma City, OK to Pawhuska, OK - 147.3 miles/2 hours 20 minutes
Me: I think Oklahoma would be great idea!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be in her home - eating lunch that she prepared - talking about our beloved Thunder basketball, all things BRAVO, and how browned butter makes the world go 'round.

It was a magical day with Ree and her sweet assistant Haley. We came, we ate, and we laughed hysterically. She showed us around the lodge, talked about her love for cooking and how her brand has evolved throughout the years. It was so inspiring to see that behind the camera she was mostly importantly mom and wife, a well-respected ranch assistant, and downright lovely. I may have blacked out at some point during the day, probably right after I forgot how to speak during the introductions - but I could have sworn that she invited us back for a sleepover? So Mrs. Drummond, I'm holding you to that one of these days ;)

Hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them!!




















This is the moment all my food dreams came true and she asked me if I wanted to help plate dessert!! I may have fumbled my words when we first spoke at the beginning of the day but I know my way around a brownie sundae so let's just say I had this one in the bag :)  So thankful for my girlfriends who know what this moment meant to me and caught it on camera!! 












XO,
Elizabeth


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig