Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hostess Gifts 101

Spring is almost here! So what does that mean? Parties, events, barbecues, get-togethers, lots of time spent with friends and family celebrating any and everything in the coming season. A hostess gift may seem like a simple gesture of gratitude but more and more I notice that it has become an after-thought or something only done for special occasions. Hopefully with this post I can show you how simple it is to put together a really thoughtful gesture to say thank you to whomever is hosting.

Who, what, when, where, these should all come into play when thinking about a hostess gift. Maybe its a southern thing, but my mom always taught me to never go anywhere empty handed. Baking is most definitely my love language so even if I am going somewhere that no additional food is necessary, some type of cookie stash that can be put straight in the freezer for those moments of desperation, a container of brownies, some kind of baked good is always a go-to for me. Another simple but thoughtful option would be a nice bottle of wine, or beverage that you know your host/hostess would enjoy. Make sure when you are picking out the beverage that you consider if you want it to be opened then or saved for later. More often times I have found that beverages are normally opened during the gathering, rather than after - which is totally fine with me. But if you want them to be able to enjoy it without sharing it with all the guests then you can specify that when presenting it. 

Some options for small gift ideas: a set of coasters, picture frame, some kind of small board game, or set of linen napkins are always good options no matter the type of get-together. This little spring basket that I put together was so inexpensive and most of the items came from the target dollar bin. Don't you LOVE the target dollar bin??? 

When I put together some type of hostess gift I try to think of a theme that makes sense - or at least think of the things I know the host/hostess would like. For this basket I centered it around indulgence, because who doesn't love a nice glass of wine and some double chocolate chip cookies? 
I love this little tin - it would be the perfect vessel for condiments or utensils at a BBQ, It would hold some succulents or flowers beautifully. It could even be an Easter basket if you needed one for the upcoming holiday. 

I chose a rosé to put in this basket because I think rosé screams Spring. I nestled it into the basket and added some stemless wine glasses. I told you that I rarely turn down an opportunity to give people baked goods so for this particular basket I added some double chocolate chip cookies with icing and festive spring-colored sprinkles. I had originally found a sweet little linen table runner that I added to the basket but I felt like it might be too much so I took it out. But you could easily take a small table runner and wrap up a bottle of wine, tie it with a bow and call it a day. 

Lastly, and probably my favorite find and gift since I discovered them were wine glass markers! How genius!! I know the whole craze of marking wine glasses with rings, straws, and little things that hang out of the glass but how do you drink with all of those? I found these markers at target and was sold!! Also - if you are anything like me and only have one type of wine glass because you like things to be uniform and you like what you like - well, these little guys will make your heart happy! No more trying everyone's glass to find your drink, or having 1234835034 different types of cups/glasses because no one knows whose is whose. I love to take these markers and write little things on each of the glasses as people arrive so they feel special when picking their drink of choice. This girl right here loves to add personal touches to as many things as I can.


 


That is it people - it just takes a little thought and effort. I can promise you that whoever is hosting and whatever they are hosting will be more than appreciative for the creativity or effort that you put into saying thank you for having them.



Let's Party - Happy Spring!!
XO
Elizabeth 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig