Friday, March 3, 2017

Taco 'bout a F I E S T A!


I started dreaming about Jayden's first birthday when he was about 4 months old. I had so many different thoughts of what I wanted the day to be for him and our family.  His actual first birthday fell on a game day so we decided to celebrate during All-Star break. We also decided on a joint party with one of my dear girlfriends and her daughter Ava. Our kids are just 4 days apart and our husbands work together a n d were both off during the break so it was either go to two birthday parties in the same day OR have one together -- it was a no-brainer!

I pinterested my little tail off to find inspiration for a memorable and interactive party for our kiddos. I was browsing colorful and unique "gender neutral" first birthday ideas and came across a F i r s t  F i e s t a  post on www.theseblondewalls.com. I loved every single aspect of their Fiesta!  Truthfully, I used every idea I saw in the photos for inspiration. I loved how she made a Fiesta happen in "Winter." For some reason all the birthday party ideas I could find for February were centered around cold-weather activities. We don't have typical seasons in Oklahoma, so on party day it was a beautiful sunny 70 degrees and for that I am so thankful because we spent time a good about of time outside after the glorious cake smash. Kaila at These Blonde Walls had a beautiful outdoor venue for her son's fiesta with gorgeous table settings and personal touches throughout. After swooning over her hard work come to life - I couldn't wait to get started planning our own First Fiesta for Jayden and Ava.

It was an amazing day filled with laughter, good food, so much love and zero stress. I am beyond thankful for every person that spent the afternoon celebrating our littles. [especially for the help cleaning up]  We are beyond blessed to have so many people that were there or celebrating with us from a far. I could not have imagined a more perfect day!

Party details linked below --



















Taco Bar was catered by myself and my hostess partner-in-crime. It was a delicious way to entertain our guests. Cookies made by Eileens Colossal Cookies and smash cakes were made by me. Fringe streamers, tissue paper flowers, and chalkboards were really fun projects that I took on. Truth be told, I can't pass up a good DIY opportunity. Post coming soon how to make a first birthday chalkboard. 


Invite:PetitePartyStudio/ Cupcake toppers:ChampagneConfettiCo ; WhateversHandmades/ Smash cake toppers :TenderLoveCardstock/ Cactus balloons: BrightSoSlight /  UNO balloons:Bargain Balloons/ Crepe paper:Amazon / Papel picado, Table Runners + Maracas:Amols Party Supply

XO
Elizabeth.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig